So. First of all, I do NOT have gestational Diabetes. In fact, I kicked the test's ass. A blood sugar level of above 130 is cause for concern and your personal ticket to the next battery of tests. A blood sugar level between 70 and 130 is considered "Normal". My number was 78.
Apparently I'm a tetch anemic, so I'm going to start on those prenatal vitamins again and some iron supplements - but WOO, I AM NOT DIABETIC!
Now I thought this would be a solely happy moment. No more worries, no more concerns! Just plow ahead with the kitchen remodel and the nursery remodel and continue to gestate.
But no.
No.
No - because we have a pattern here at Casa Crafty Intentions.
That pattern involves pain, becoming handicapped and sometimes for fun - disfigurement.
I won't be graphic this time around, but if you're interested - Look back at the bathroom remodel and you'll be more literally reminded about Greg's ridiculous injury. He put a masonry screw in the back of his leg.
That was fun.
This time, he's decided to one-up himself.
Instead of getting the injury while actually remodeling the house - He decided to do it while playing racquetball.
And Instead of it involving a quick trip to the hospital for some interesting moments involving morphine and x-rays ultimately culminating in the treatment of his injury (with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver) resulting in a few days on crutches and some puncture wound healing...
THIS time it involved a doctor's appointment, x-rays, an MRI, and now surgery.
Surgery will be followed by a few days of wooziness courtesy of pain meds, and then 4 weeks of being in a Leg brace whilst using crutches, followed by 4 weeks of using crutches.
He should be recovered JUST IN TIME FOR THE BIRTH.
He tore the lateral meniscus in his left knee. The above description of the recovery process only applies if the surgery "goes well".
I've kindly asked that he refrain from injuring himself on a whim like this again, whilst I AM PREGNANT.
Thanks.
So we have two weeks to get as much done in the kitchen as possible. Right now it looks much like this:

How is this going to work out? I have no idea.
Any body up for lending a hand with a kitchen or nursery remodel? I can pay you in fabric, food (though nothing oven-baked), and snuggles.
2 comments:
So food includes McDonalds?
Picture that on a street corner...Will Work for Snuggles.
Post a Comment