So about 10 days of hell have just about wrapped up, and I will officially be back to life-as-normal-as-possible by the end of the day today. It mostly had to do with my work life and I'm glad that this cycle of stress is winding down.
In addition to all that, we've been checking things off our list of things to do like pros. Last week, the doctor forgot to give me the shot of Rhogam I was due for. They will ONLY give me the shot within 72 hours of bloodwork, which means I got up extra early yesterday and did the blood work and got the shot in the butt. We purchased our floor tile. Greg scheduled his pre-surgery doctor's appointment. We've scheduled time for our HVAC guy to put in the last vent - what with the kitchen innards so much more accessible now. Greg's stalking a plumber and a contractor. And the kitchen electric work is ALLLLMOST done.
We have 8 more days of productivity in the kitchen remodel before other things interfere and then Greg goes in for surgery.
By Sunday we will have installed recessed lights in the kitchen, run wires for under and over cabinet lighting, laid subflooring, tiled, weeded the front yard, mowed the back yard, and laid the laminate floor in the nursery.
Ambitious? bah.
Anybody ever undergone knee surgery before? How much does it really get you down? Please, help to clue me in so I can have accurate expectations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A good friend of mine has a condition that has caused him to have knee surgery more than half a dozen times. It's been awful for him. He was laid up after each surgery for a long time. A wheelchair was occasionally needed, then crutches. He said the pain was awful.
But I think his were extraordinary circumstances. I hope Greg gets through his surgery with relative ease.
My dad had a knee surgery in his 40's after ruining his knee fixing the bathroom in our house (sound familiar?). His biggest issue was just admitting he needed to go to a doctor, and after the surgery he was fine. Greg will probably have to take it easy, but my dad is pushing 60 now and redid my parent's patio and put up all new fencing. He'll be fine!
Post a Comment