- I go in for my Gestational Diabetes test in 2 weeks. There is nothing that freaks me out more than a test for which I can not study.
- We bought all the cabinets for the kitchen, my mother-in-law personally tore out an entire wall. The window we wanted to take out is gone, framed up, and covered with plywood. More people are coming this weekend to help destroy what's left and possibly start adding some electric work.
- Greg's alarm went off the other morning and woke up the baby. It's the first time that it was abundantly clear that he can HEAR what's going on outside the womb and definitely shared my opinion - through some very opinionated kicking - that he is NOT FOND of the morning alarm clock.
- Greg is jealous of my pregnancy pillow.
- There are some tough times ahead for my father's family as we deal with my grandparents and their health issues. My Nana has Alzheimer's and has stopped regularly recognizing even my father, her oldest child. My PopPop has been making some bad decisions, including driving long distances against the doctor's orders and putting a down payment on a $55,000 RV. He got in a car accident and has broken his "good" knee, the one he hadn't already had surgery on. After weeks in rehab and little to no progress, he is finally starting to cooperate with therapists - but now they want to discharge him and the doors of his home are not wide enough for the wheel chair he is confined to. And I am over 7 hours away from all of it and feel guilty and horrible that I can't be there to help more.
- The nursery is ready to be painted and I selected a color from Lowe's called "Martian".
- My car wouldn't start yesterday morning - the key would not turn in the ignition. I spent 45 minutes rubbing my fingers raw, trying to get it to turn while Greg drove all the way home from work to try his key, get the car towed by AAA and take me into work himself. After 2 minutes of key and wheel jiggling, he got the car to start without issue. Apparently the steering wheel was locked - a feature of our car. I had an emotional breakdown because I couldn't figure it out on my own and I will soundly blame the sobbing on Pregnancy.
- My last Doctor appointment took place during a blackout and I learned that if peeing in a cup in the dark was a test, I would fail.
- All of our pets have now officially been in for their Vet appointment. Dexter has tartar at the rear of his mouth, and he had hook worms (gross). On the other hand, our cats were so healthy that the Vet started asking what in the world we feed them that they are so perfect.
- I jogged across the street in heels the other day (whilst jay walking), and promptly felt EXTREME DISCOMFORT in the uterine area for the rest of the day. Greg demanded I call the doctor to check in about this new almost-painful sensation. The doctor's orders are to wear sneakers to work and change shoes when I get there and no more jay-walking. Also, when I asked how long I should expect to feel this discomfort she said "Pretty much for the rest of your pregnancy." Grrreat.
- My boss gave me a potted plant in appreciation for my work, and now there are tiny little flies staging an invasion of my workspace.
- No matter what I try, my hair does not seem to grow long enough to hang below my boobs. Greg thinks it's possibly relative and strongly supports my decision to keep trying to grow it long.
- I have fallen in love with this blog and am in the process of making poncho super hero capes (like she makes) for my nephews for christmas because there's the possibility I'll be a little busy at that time with the whole figuring-out-how-to-be-a-mom thing.
- Red wine smells absolutely intoxicatingly good. And I could really go for a beer. And a sunset colored cocktail. And a mint julep.
- Dark chocolate peanut butter exists.
- My nipples stick out all over the place. They are large and in charge and they have developed the ability to show themselves through my thickest, most supportive of bras. What devilry is this?
- I am looking for some good books to read because I have been voracious of late and have read approximately 14 books in the last 3 weeks. I don't feel like reading either Wicked, Anansi Boys, or Time Enough for Love at this very moment, the three books I own that I have not yet read, and would gladly take suggestions. Got any?
- We are going to install an herb garden on the remaining kitchen window using the Asker series from Ikea and some curtain rods.
- The Original Pancake House serves the best breakfast ever. EVER.
- Someone brought in their 5 month old to work the other day, and holding her gave me a deep and aching need to hold my baby boy. Knowing that I was holding a baby girl and I couldn't stop thinking about my own little one felt absolutely amazing.
- Greg and I went to dinner and saw "The Backup Plan" for his birthday on Wednesday. I both laughed out loud and was not impressed. There are some hilarious moments, and some gross moments.
- Did you know that the doctor who invented the Lamaze technique was a woman who had not given birth? Years after patenting and lecturing all over about the effectiveness of the Lamaze breathing techniques and how it is possible to have a relaxing and almost pleasurable birthing experience - She got pregnant and gave birth. After giving birth she revealed that it was a lot more difficult than she expected and a lot more painful. Consequently, I will not be taking the Lamaze course at the hospital. I am taking both the basic and advanced birth/infant care course, the hospital tour, and have even signed up for a course at a local animal shelter to help us prepare our pets for the addition of an infant to the household. I have a feeling that no matter how I breathe, this baby will be coming out somehow.
- I am seriously considering getting an appointment at a quality place to be waxed for the first time, ever. What other time in my life are so many people going to be looking at - nay, INTENSELY STUDYING what's going on down there? And also, it couldn't possibly be more painful than birth. I almost wish they offered waxing simultaneous to child birth - you could just get it all done at once.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND the grandparents. My husband's grandparents just got a reverse mortgage (that's where a third party comes in, basically buys the deed off of you and gives you a lump sum for it. Then you can live in the house until you die, but your family then doesn't get your home or anything) for about $100K and the first thing his 77 year old grandfather said was "we can go buy a new car!" They were about 4 months behind on their mortgage payment when this happened because of buying other things. That money won't last a year.
I can only imagine the ache you felt for your son when you held another baby. What an amazing feeling!
I'm excited for remodeling shots!
LOVE TMI! Hilarious! Thanks for sharing!
I seriously laughed out loud and slapped my desk when I read about the nips. Large and in charge? ahahahah! What Devilry is this? too much.
I love your blog and hope the pregnancy is going smoothly since your husband needs your care.
I hope you know that these worries and anxieties, while valid, are amplified by pregnancy hormones. It always helps me to remember the hormones when I'm having my monthly crazy breakdown. (I'm 24 and unmarried and never have been pregnant, so you can just ignore me if you want!)
Post a Comment