Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I even pressed play on Itunes! Oh Michael, I do miss you.

Consider your suggestions heeded... for the most part.

So this morning, instead of getting up at 7:30 to plug into the boob tube, I decided to see how long I could sleep. I slept until about 11:00 a.m. which I haven't done since college, so I almost feel a sense of accomplishment there. 13 hours of sleep, check!

Then I came downstairs, set myself up and ... watched some daytime TV. I figure that if it's a similar evil to brain cell killing drugs, then I shouldn't just cut it out - that could be dangerous. But now I'm set up with American Gods by Neil Gaiman and I've already knitted about 20 rows on the fingerless glove I'm working on. My days ambitions include cleaning off the coffee table (crazy - I know), and pressing the "On" switch on my sewing machine. No current plans to actually make anything with the sewing machine, I just want to expose myself to the gentle hum of it's On-ness and make sure I don't have a spontaneous seizure at the possibility of productivity.

I've even been motivated enough this morning to have done a bunch of internet research as to whether or not painting my nails would permanently damage the baby I'm carrying. Popular opinion is split on the issue, but I decided that I could turn on the ceiling fan and live on the edge.

Now I'm off to perform the daunting task of taking a DVD off the shelves, walking to the DVD player and putting it into the slot. exhausting.

2 comments:

Michaela said...

Sounds like my days lately. I vacuumed the living room and nearly fainted with pride.

It may not be much, but it beats the hell out of the morning sickness and dizziness that's been hanging around since about week 8.

Birdy: The Mighty said...

I'm still with the girls from before. Just sitting and watching tv isn't going to help you much. You should be reading a book or something a bit more productive. Even a magazine would be better than just mulching in front of the tv.

Come on girl, you can do this! We've got your back :)