Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Fragile State

The moment when the two winners of superbowl tickets from the Ellen show were shown walking out on the field and then gasping and tearing up in awe and happiness made me cry.

The Google commercial during the superbowl made me cry.

Thinking about the Google commercial has made me cry.

What has not made me cry is the jerk who took the beautifully dug out space in front of my house. Greg spent a lot of time digging that space out and when I got home today it took a half hour of driving around block after block after block to find an even questionable parking space on the street, at which point I got stuck in 8 inches of sludge and snow trying to park. A nice man got out of his truck and tried to shove me in to place and 15 minutes later gave up as I was most of the way out of the street. Normal sized vehicles will be fine.. Trucks, hummers, and national guard vehicles may have to squeeze themselves around me - and there's NOTHING I can do about it.

It took all of my will power not to either: Re-shovel as much snow as possible onto the car in front of my house, or write a very LONG angry note.

If I weren't so exhausted from walking 2 miles home, I'd totally do both.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

The people in my sisters upscale Chicago neighborhood put cones in their parking spots to save them.