Do you know who has a strong, loud front-door knocking ability?
The police.
Last night I woke up in a haze to a barrage of knocking on our front door. I did what anyone would do and I poked Greg awake and hissed at him that "Someone's at the door".
Greg stumbled out of the bedroom, and then back into the bedroom (to put on pants) and then back out of the bedroom and down the stairs.
I heard him press the high pitched alarm buttons to turn it off, and then it occurred to me...
Who the hell knocks on your door at 3:57 a.m.?
Serial Killers. Rapists. People hopped up on red bull. That's who.
My extremely active imagination leapt forward with ample fuel, for the following minute and a half, of extremely bloody and violent scenarios whilst simultaneously allowing me to wonder what I would use as a weapon. Our new alarm clock? A light fixture?
I'm pretty sure there were footsteps in the house during this time, but I was too busy watching my overly trusting husband open the front door to some psycho in my mind's eye.
Then I heard the real front door close, and I heard the alarm being activated again, and I heard someone trudging up the stairs.
I was pretty sure a stranger wouldn't have set the alarm again so I felt relatively safe, and when Greg walked into the bedroom I said,
"What the hell was that?"
And he hesitated, and said "Everything's fine... But that was the police."
"The police?"
"Yea.. I must have left the basement door unlocked when I was working on the garden this evening, and sometime after I set the alarm tonight something opened the basement door so the alarm went off and 911 was called. They sent the police over, and that was them. They wanted to check the basement."
"Oh."
"But everything's fine..."
right.
never a dull moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good to know your alarm system works!
Post a Comment