
This.
Which is to say that, for the first time in my life, I feel bloated. It's never been a symptom of my periods before, and I didn't even think to apply that particular verbage to my condition until whining for a full five minutes to Greg at which point HE suggested it.
I would like it if this feeling would stop. Please. Someone.
It feels as though a very sharp pin might do the trick.
In the mean time, I'd also like to confess that I'm certifiably insane today - Just as I was yesterday and will continue to be this entire week until Saturday at 10:00 a.m. at which point a very nice Ultra Sound Technician will tell me whether I can expect to have a son or a daughter.
In preparation I have been doing the following:
1) Reading as many internet anecdotes as possible wherein the Technician gets it completely wrong.
2) Following up with reading anecdotes wherein they can not possibly tell at that time what gender the child is.
3) Experiencing a blanket state of angst wherein I am grumpy almost all of the time.
4) Freaking out about knowing exactly how to decorate the nursery that isn't ready to be decorated yet - because I really know what's important.
According to folk lore:
1) The baby's heart rate has been consistently higher than 150 bpm, meaning that it is a Girl.
2) The baby was conceived in November when I was 25, meaning that it is a Boy.
3) I don't yet have a very noticeable baby bump, so there's no way to tell if I'm carrying "high" or "Low".
4) I crave sweet things like fruit and fruit juices, so that means that it is a Girl.
5) Greg has probably gained a couple of pounds so far in this pregnancy - if only for the sheer fact that he's been eating anything I crave and then refuse to touch ever again - so that means that it is a Girl.
There are a million more.
I've also been looking up ultrasounds on Google Image search and trying to see if I can tell if it's a boy or a girl. I can't.
I'm thinking of just up and asking the ultrasound technician how good at this they are.
... Do you think that would be rude?
I would like it if this feeling would stop. Please. Someone.
It feels as though a very sharp pin might do the trick.
In the mean time, I'd also like to confess that I'm certifiably insane today - Just as I was yesterday and will continue to be this entire week until Saturday at 10:00 a.m. at which point a very nice Ultra Sound Technician will tell me whether I can expect to have a son or a daughter.
In preparation I have been doing the following:
1) Reading as many internet anecdotes as possible wherein the Technician gets it completely wrong.
2) Following up with reading anecdotes wherein they can not possibly tell at that time what gender the child is.
3) Experiencing a blanket state of angst wherein I am grumpy almost all of the time.
4) Freaking out about knowing exactly how to decorate the nursery that isn't ready to be decorated yet - because I really know what's important.
According to folk lore:
1) The baby's heart rate has been consistently higher than 150 bpm, meaning that it is a Girl.
2) The baby was conceived in November when I was 25, meaning that it is a Boy.
3) I don't yet have a very noticeable baby bump, so there's no way to tell if I'm carrying "high" or "Low".
4) I crave sweet things like fruit and fruit juices, so that means that it is a Girl.
5) Greg has probably gained a couple of pounds so far in this pregnancy - if only for the sheer fact that he's been eating anything I crave and then refuse to touch ever again - so that means that it is a Girl.
There are a million more.
I've also been looking up ultrasounds on Google Image search and trying to see if I can tell if it's a boy or a girl. I can't.
I'm thinking of just up and asking the ultrasound technician how good at this they are.
... Do you think that would be rude?
3 comments:
Wow, it's really hard to find fetal ultrasound pictures showing the sex that aren't labeled. Also, looking at those is a total time suck.
According to that Chinese birth calendar thing I was supposed to have two girls. I have two boys, so I kind of doubt that 96% accurate figure they're always bandying about.
Aww, good luck with the find-the-sex ultrasound!
Good luck! I think asking the tech if they are sure is probably a question they get a lot. ;)
Post a Comment