Thursday, October 1, 2009

Photos and Thanks

You people are lovely. Your suggestions are well-taken. We have an alarm system already that I'll be sure to set at night - maybe even well before I go to bed (Then I'll just have to remember to turn it off before letting Dexter out that one last time, or I'll totally freak myself out with the alarm going off).

My Potential Weapons are as follows: The Steak knives in the kitchen. The... well, I'll have to think about it...

Btw, I've always wanted the dragons they market at the Renaissance Faire. They sell these adorable little green geckos in plastic cages as "Baby Dragons". My parents were always very negative about them. I suppose that now I'm adult I could get one, but think of the potential fire hazards!

I love the idea of a Dog on the Premises sign. I wonder where I can get one... Lowes?

My parents are coming in this weekend, and my mom is going to help me cook some serious meals that we can freeze. I'm supposed to pick out a few recipes that we can attack together. I definitely need to think about this.

I know I've been whining a lot lately, and I really appreciate you putting up with it. I'm just trying to get it all out now. Maybe if I constantly predict the worst case scenario and think of NOTHING ELSE, then maybe everything will be okay. I tend to build up a lot of anxiety about these types of situations and the more planning for it, the better. When all is said and done, I like to end up proud of myself and how I handled something. The Very first time I had to take myself to the doctor and consequently have a prescription filled... I'll admit I was terrified and worked up a sweat about it in advance. That may sound like a small, inconsequential thing, But it was a milestone for me. Now I know I can do that, and It's fine. Between you and me, It helps if you give the Pharmacy the correct insurance card, but you learn new things every day.

Now. A few things I can be a little happy about: Through good nutrition and sheer force of will, I've lost 15 pounds. I hate going by numbers, but I was inspired to hop on the scale the other day AFTER dinner (booyah!), and was pleasantly surprised.

Also... I PHOTOGRAPHED THOSE BANNERS!

We're keeping one of every holiday. The Extra Halloween banners will be sold - but first I have to pick which ones to keep! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the extra Happy Birthday banner, because I like them both so much. On the other hand, I'm a little disappointed with how illegible "Happy New Year" is. Poor choice of felt/fabric I'm afraid. Although, it is a bit easier to read IN PERSON because the felt is sparkly and it's outlined in silver thread which makes it stand out a bit more than in the photograph.

Enjoy!

The Autumn Leaves were from a bag of 50 Silk Leaves sold in the Dollar bin at Target.

This Happy Halloween Features a bat in the middle with alternating embroidery thread colors on the Halloween Letters (Purple, Green, Orange, etc.)


The Eyes in the middle of this banner glow in the dark (I used Glow in the dark Embroidery thread on the eyebrows, eyes, Irises, and center eye "glow"). For best results, Shine a bright light on it before making it dark.


The "Grey" fabric on this banner is actually super sparkly silvery. The Central image is an iron on Skull and bones silver studded applique.


The Letters and the Ghost in this banner Glow in the Dark. All of the Fabrics are Glitter. I particularly love the Spiders and Spiderwebs fabric.


This banner contains one of every single Halloween Fabric I own. The Thread outlining the letters glows in the dark. The letters are black sparkle felt and so are the eyes and mouth of the pumpkin.


This banner also includes every single Halloween Fabric I own, the Letters are outlined in glow in the dark thread using all six strands which make it a thicker more substantial glow. The Letters are not sparkle.






See? Hard to see. Meh.






These letters are white sparkle felt.



This is side one of the first Happy Birthday Banner. Cars, Animals, Numbers and Colors Splotches with the letters outlined in blue.


This is side two of the first Happy Birthday banner, with the letters outlined in Pink. The center image is Balloons.

This is the first side of the Second Happy Birthday Banner. Primary Colors and a White frosted Cupcake.


This is the second side of the Second Happy Birthday Banner. I like this "Girly" side best I think. It involves Pink, but it's not too girly.


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Becky said...

You are so talented! I'm wondering how long it took you to complete a banner? I really like the autumn, Thanksgiving & final birthday one. Too cute!

Breigh said...

As usual I sit in complete envy of your crafty skills!

I like the first and last Halloween banners the best :) You should keep the first one I think!

How much do you think you'd be selling them for?