Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A few wittle booties for your consideration

So - I just want to state in writing, for the record, possibly so that my husband will finally agree with me and so that I will not forget : I should not be allowed to go grocery shopping with Greg.

If I go by myself, it's fine. I'm usually annoyed and I want to finish as quick as possible. If I go with someone who ISN'T Greg, I stick to my pre-designated list.

If I go WITH Greg, we come home with at least 3 items that are COMPLETELY unnecessary.

Direct example: Two nights ago, Greg and I went to Costco together. As wonderful as Coscto is, I don't think I can leave without having a $200 bill. It's physically impossible.

In addition to the necessary Dog and Cat food, Kitty Litter, and Chicken soup for that evening's dinner, we came home with four containers of Legal Seafood Soup, a package of Salmon burgers, and a box of Mallomars.

Did I mention I'm working hard to eat right? Salmon burgers should be delicious and healthy - totally not on the list - but delicious! healthy!

Legal seafood? Delicious! Not quite "healthy" so much as "containing the richest ingredients ever".

Mallomars?

I have no defense. And of course it wasn't a single package. It was a costco sized box. Containing three times the normal number of Mallomars.

I should not be allowed to go grocery shopping with Greg.


On a more productive note, I finally photographed all of my most recent baby booty creations. They come in waves:







2 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the purple butterfly ones!

april o. said...

The booties are fab! I know exactly what you mean about Costco!! If I go alone or just with my daughter we get in and out with just what we went for. Hubby goes and omg there goes all the grocery money in one shot. Not to mention buying in bulk really doesn't mean there is always something to eat. I can't find the happy balance. The salmon burgers are pretty good we got those last trip (not on the list)!