Thursday, September 10, 2009

Reflective

I often imagine that if I let my eyes unfocus and allow the world to blur, I'll uncover a hidden doorway to another realm at which point I'll be faced with a terrible dilemma of whether to enter alone, or to find my husband first so that we can go there together.

There are large bugs in black and yellow striped suits guarding my front door. It is no fun to exit and enter my domain. Although I may be prejudiced, their in-my-face greeting as soon as I get out of my car to enter my home seems a bit aggressive and while I would rather not provoke them, it was my home first.

All 3 of our cat boxes are located in one room on our second floor. Consequently, we keep febreeze in the hallway so that we can spritz the air as we pass by. Will it reduce the value of our home if we were to install a cat door in the interior door to the basement in order to put the cat boxes down there, or am I being overly cautious?

Our new king sized bed has made our bedroom grow several feet. Greg thought it would make our bedroom shrink, but he was wrong. The only thing that the king sized bed has shrunk is our pillows. Our pillows used to be overwhelming in our full sized bed. Now, they are like peas lost in an ocean.

We're going to the dog park again tonight, and I'm hoping to run into a couple who have a girl puppy of the same name I hope to use for my future son. They are nice and funny, and although I don't know their names I think we could be friends. I feel a certain amount of guilt and shame when thinking of them because I'm doing my best to secretly stalk them... by going to the dog park... which I would be doing tonight anyway even if they didn't exist... so it doesn't matter, right?

Maggots are ugly and easily haunt me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could replace the door before putting your home for sale...I do think some people will be put off by a cat door. Unfortunately, some people don't like cats. On the other hand, you might get a "crazy cat" lady like myself who would love that feature...though that seems less likely. I can't wait to own a home so I can build an outdoor cat enclosure to keep litter boxes outside! This is the cat house of my dreams: http://sallyscathouse.homestead.com/page1.html

Bobbi said...

I say add the cat door! I we had to have the cat box upstairs....agh! No way! I bet unless it was pointed out most people wouldn't even see it when looking at the house!

Yanaba said...

I agree, what could reduce the value of your home is admitting to people that for years you had 3 cat boxes in this one room that will (ie.) now be their child's bedroom! You see what I mean. No, get those things downstairs and you'll find you can actually use the room too...I think in the circumstances it raises the value of your home.

Country Hippie said...

I have never blogged before; but you have inspired me to comment to you. I found the photos of your patchwork skirt to be incredible. I have been sewing patchwork for many years now and I fully appreciate the time and trouble that went into your design. The skirt was a masterpiece; the lady that bought it got her money's worth. Your reflective thoughts as you wrote about the sale of the skirt were very touching; I know what that is like although I have not created something quite so impressive.

The person who mocked your artwork; they are a fool. Anyone who has ever created something with their hands can appreciate the beauty of your design much like a Michelangelo painting. How incredible, to take simple scraps of fabric and create the illusion of a sunrise.

I am going to skip my homework and fire my machine up just thinking about it; I have a cute little prairie dress I've been working on...

Thanks for the inspiration.