We're still going to the dog park every day - it takes us half an hour just to get there, but it is definitely worth it. Dexter gets great exercise, I actually go outside and... *gasp*... like it!! And we walk around and hold hands, we meet new people and laugh at the Pomeranian that is some how carrying around a plastic bone that weighs more than he does.
I get to see Greg - the previously professed not-a-pet-person guy - fawn over all the dogs.
In fact, last night he made out with a boxer. It was purposeful on the boxer's part, but I think Greg was quite surprised. And then his face was covered with slobber, so although I laughed I did feel a little sorry for him. If you didn't know already, dog slobber isn't like human slobber. Human slobber is just saliva-y and wet. Dog slobber is downright viscous.
AND we've been slowly creating a list of breeds of dogs that we would love to have as pets at somepoint in our lives. Well, until two nights ago, it was really on me that was creating that list and I had only OFFICIALLY added "A cute tiny dog" (like a maltipoo?), and a newfoundland. Because newfoundlands are GORGEOUS and HUGE and apparently GREAT family dogs. I would love to own a big doofy dog at some point.
But two nights ago, Greg officially added his own request - A Golden Doodle. (A golden retriever poodle mix).
We met one at the dog park and Greg was immediately enthralled by the hugely long slightly wavy and flowing mop of a dog that was romping everywhere. When he finally successfully sidled up to it, he was delighted to discover that the fur was as soft as airy silk. And of course we struck up a conversation with his owners, and when Greg pointed out that it must be a nightmare of shedding fur in their house and they said No! Actually he doesn't shed at all! That's what you get with the poodle mix! I had to physically stop Greg from grabbing the dog and running for the car.
And what kind of post would this be without SOMETHING random:
We're planning a trip to California. We're a little overwhelmed by how much there is to see there. We will only be there for a week!Any pointers??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
In the huge great family dogs - check out Bernese. My co-worker got one and he's the most giant, mellow creature I've ever met.
So you're going to California. It's a big state. Are you going to a specific part of it, or just planning on going where ever has the biggest draw?
L-O-V-E Catalina Island! Take the ferry out, stay in Zane Grey's House, amazing views. Quaint and Cheap!
I couldn't resist looking it up again.
www.zanegreypueblohotel.com
Post a Comment