I have a serious confession:
I can't be trusted to employ a reasonable rate of intake of tic tacs.
ALSO: Greg would like to thank those who responded to the query about craftroom vs. front office for quashing my premature hysteria. It gave him the strength to take the measuring tape away from me and tell me I should go do something else other than measure invisible cribs and obsess about whether or not 17 inch wide dressers actually exist.
Lastly - A Recession tip. I'm pretty good at the money thing, but my moments of weakness and my forays off the budgeted path exist because I have the wrong mindset about certain things. Shouldn't you eat special food to celebrate? Doesn't shopping at the mall/ikea/joann's fulfill the need to get out of the house and go DO something?
I am proud to say that for the last 2 weeks, Greg and I have been indulging in a completely FREE activity, courtesy of Dexter.
We have been going to REAL dog parks.
It turns out that there are a couple of completely fenced in dog parks in our area. Unfortunately, one of them is half an hour away - and it seems to be the nicest (so far). He loves other dogs. He loves running. He plays nice - no biting, no growling. And I'd say he has an 80% success rate of coming whenever called. We LOVE it. It is free. It is outdoors. It is free!
Then afterwards, yesterday, we stopped by Brusters Ice Cream and inquired about something I'd overheard - and YES they DO have ice cream for dogs. It's a tiny little scoop of vanilla with a dog treat on it - and again, IT IS FREE!
SO COOL.
I'm obsessed. We're probably headed there AGAIN tonight, despite the fact that we're driving 7 hours to nj for a wedding tomorrow, and then to cape may, for vacation AND WE'RE NOT YET PACKED.
woo hoo to living on the edge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
On the 17" dressers - my Grandparents had 9 kids, so they were always looking for extra space to store things. My Grandpa would saw off the drawer section of a desk and re-top it to make a skinny little dresser.
I LOVE your craft room! I'm getting ready to redo the guest/craft room and will probably use your room as inspiration!
Post a Comment