
Is a Banner.
I loved making this banner. Although Greg was kind enough to cut the flags and the felt letters, I loved the blanket stitching, the machine stitching, cutting the snow flake. I love the fabric.
It was a lot of fun to make.
(If I'm totally honest, it's not finished yet. I pinned it to the binding and haven't yet sewn a line down the binding to anchor it so it's still dangerously pin-filled)
It fits perfectly in my craft room - but why should my craft room be the only room to have a holiday banner?
What about the living room and the dining room?
What about other holidays!
WAIT!
This is the PERFECT handmade decoration. You get it out for the holiday, it will last years, you can hand wash it, because it lasts so long it is environmentally friendly, and its a decoration that can be passed through family! Even to children!
COOL!
That was the thinking that lead me to cut out 8 billion letters and to be working on banners for the rememberable past.
I've done Happy Fourth of July, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy St. Patrick's Day, Happy Valentine's Day, Happy Easter, and 2 sets of double sided Happy Birthday. I haven't mentioned Happy Halloween, because I did one... and then I found better fabric, so I did another... And then I figured out I had sparkly black felt for letters, so I cut out another 2 sets, but I couldn't waste the first set. And then I had just enough fabric for ANOTHER banner...
So All in all, I will have done 6 Happy Halloween banners.
Some are Glittery, some are glow in the dark, some are classic purple and orange and neon green.
Now. I know I haven't photographed any of this process yet. I also haven't photographed the leather bottomed booties I whipped up the other day, or the 6 other pairs of baby booties I finished a while ago. So, my friends... What's wrong with you?
You're supposed to nag me for craftiness and photos of said craftiness so that I can prove I'm staying crafty. You can't just trust that I'll eventually get around to it. I'm not trustworthy!
Where's the tough love? WHERE'S THE FIRE!?
3 comments:
PHOTOS NOW PLS.
(Been visiting your blog for a while now, found it via Craftster when you posted your green living room which I LOVE. Hi! ^_^)
jesus you are insane!!
I was beginning to think you might have become a complete crafting slacker, but I thought I would give you a little reprieve due to the chaos of the bedroom remodel, but now it's back to business.
Vacuume the cat hair off the photography studio and get crackin'!
Post a Comment