But the bedroom does not deserve capital letters yet because it is not serving as a bed-room. It is serving as an empty-covered-with-plastic-room. I'm hoping we finish this soon, because I'm also justifying not vacuuming until all of the painting is done and the little new-carpet fuzzies are starting to multiply like horny hamsters.
However - today did deserve a post because it is a special day.
Last night I apparently shook Greg awake at 3:15 a.m. and asked if he'd heard something. He said, "What?". I hissed at him and demanded he listen. He said, "What?". I told him it was coming from the sink and he should go check the sink. He said, "What?". I said GREG GO CHECK THE SINK!
So he got up in a haze of sleepiness and confusion and checked the sink.
And apparently when he came back to the air mattress after finding absolutely nothing amiss, I was fast asleep.
I have absolutely zero recollection of this happening, except for a vague feeling that at some point in the night I was vehemently pissed.
And yet, he still loves me because this morning he woke me up and cuddled me for an extra 10 minutes. And then he took me into the kitchen and poured us mimosas and whipped out a plate with a towering pyramid of glazed donuts, and presented me with a small vase of three red roses and one white rose.
A red rose for each of the years we've been married and a white rose for the year to come.
I love him.

Here's to three years!
2 comments:
Ahh, Amore'! Happy Anniversary!
Hi Megan,
Happy Anniversary to you both! What a beautiful thing it is to be loved completely and for just who you are. Best to you and your beloved. May all your dreams be happy ones.
Your friend,
elise
Post a Comment