I am ex-haus-ted.
The Sheer magnitude of what I have available to tell you about today is weighing me down.
So let's keep it simple.
1.) We got a dog.
2.) This is him.

3.) We are happy.
4.) We were worried because he didn't poop or eat in our presence and then we left for work after confining him to the kitchen with gates.
5.) Greg went home at lunch time, dutifully driving 25 minutes to take the dog out, just to turn around and return to work 10 minutes later.
6.) The dog met Greg at the front door. Clearly not in the kitchen.
7.)Greg found 8 piles of poop and 2 pee puddles in the kitchen. Possibly the reasons why the dog was loathe to remain there.
8.) I realized I never should have wasted my worrying skillz over our dog's ability to expel waste.
9.) Greg was 45 minutes late getting back to work after having to clean up.
10.) Greg was in a bad/paranoid mood on the phone with me.
11.) I feel sick to my stomach with worry and anxiety, but battle it to march my butt over the parking office to rent a parking space so that I can join millions of other Americans commuting my solitary ass to work everyday.
12.) For $105 a month.
13.) And I could have started today, but obviously did not.
14.) Now Greg may work an hour late tonight... or he may not and then just work a bunch extra tomorrow to make up for clean up during the Poop Extravaganza of 2009.
15.) If he works late tonight, that means I'm either stuck at work till when he comes to get me - or I find a ride - or I take the bus. If I stay at work, I feel we may be guaranteeing a repeat of said Extravaganza. Finding a ride means asking for help and imposing on someone - which I hate. Taking the bus means battling my ridiculous nerves and public transportation anxiety.
will elaborate later.
need some chocolate.
Hug?
4 comments:
1. ((hug))
2. you are getting a crate right?
3. hang in there.
Save yourself anymore trouble. Go out tonight and buy a crate. Your dog is scared out of his mind in his new surroundings.
Take a deep breath, Get on that bus and go home and snuggle that new pup.
That is of course after you clean up the poop he's probably left you!
1. Congrats!! He's adorable!
2. Like the others said - he's scared.... things might be tough initially but you guys will handle it and things will get awesomer.
3. more pictures!
I think what he's doing is probably pretty normal. He's scared out of his wits at the moment and doesn't know which way is up. Once he relaxes and settles in I'm sure he'll be more behaved than he is now.
As for the crate. I am 100% for crate training, both my dogs are crate trained and it makes life so much easier.
I don't agree with having the dog crated all day while you are at work though. That's far too long, even if there is a 10 min break in the middle.
He's a beautiful dog!! I'm happy you guys have found one you love. :) It's hard to REALLY love them when they are messing all over your house hehe but trust me, it gets better!
Post a Comment