Tuesday, March 10, 2009

20 Simple Things

I've been trying to figure out what to write so as not to bore you with another canine tirade. We scoured Pittsburgh to Ohio this weekend looking for our dog - we even thought we'd found her... but it turns out not. If anybody's interested there's a real sweet heart of a beagle/hound mix called Fresca waiting to be adopted at Angels for Animals in Canfield, Ohio. I've never seen such a specTACular shelter and I've never met such warm-hearted volunteers. None of them sneered at us, none of them made us feel unworthy of their time or their animals. It was clean and nice and definitely run with a lot of love. They put little to no pressure on us, and welcomed us to come back and keep looking. We even had a consult with their dog trainer who helped us to see that Fresca wasn't necessarily the dog for us - but assured us that the right dog is out there.

And the search continues.

Maybe there's more to write about than I thought... because I've got a show and tell for you.

We'll do the tell part first. I've been tagged by a little list thing from Jenny. I'm supposed to list 20 simple things I love about life. I want to fill this out because I'm particularly talented at the whole being-negative thing. It's part of my charm. I struggle each day to include a little "sunny" in my disposition, so here's to letting it all hang out.

Instructions: "It's the simple things in life!"
List 20 simple things you love about life!

1. The way my cat, Delilah, melts into my arms to snuggle-cuddle.
2. Seeing plants grow day to day
3. Thunder Storms

4. Tulle
5. Stained Glass Windows

6. Hand sewing tiny stitches

7. Making people smile with my crafts

8. Grandparents

9. Chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream

10. Greg's kid-like excitement when it comes to sledding

11. Halloween

12. My Mom


13. Friends

14. My brother

15. The way rough times turn into good memories

16. Crystals that make rainbows in our kitchen window

17. Rainbows in my food

18. Buttons

19. The way he tends a fire

20. The anticipation and excitement I feel while searching for one of these:


:) Thanks Jenny.

No comments: