I stayed home from work yesterday in the hopes that, oh I don't know, I'd get some sleep? Silly of me really. I mean, last week was really stressful and I didn't sleep for more than 3 hours in a row at a time... I thought I would sleep in this weekend but - no. And then I thought hey - I feel not so very good this Monday morning, let me do the responsible thing and stay home to SLEEP. It felt like I had a dream that lasted years and years and years, and when I woke up in that moment before I checked the clock I thought it HAD to be at least noon. Nope. No. It was 9:30. Awesome.
This morning I am t-i-r-e-d. This evening I am celebrating someone's birthday Mardi Gras style, which makes me anticipate being even more t-i-r-e-d. In the mean time, I have some things to share with you.
So the GIVEAWAY! I printed out the comments, folded them down to similarly sized pieces, put them in a hat, and picked one.
Here's the proof:
You know you're jealous of my fairy band aid.

And the Winner is....

Jenny!

Yay! Jenny - Send me a quick email to MyCraftyIntentions@gmail.com and we'll get this package on its way! :)
Thanks to everyone who participated. You're all very pretty. :)
As far as the dog thing, I'm still pretty confused. There are so many animals who need help out there and I'm sure there's room in our house and hearts for a dog. Then again - are we really ready for a dog? Your advice was heard. It sounds like y'all are leaning towards a dog BEFORE babies ... And that's what I'm leaning towards too...
Okay - Here's the deal for now. If ANY of you happen to meet a 20-60 lb shelter/foster dog who is laid back, low-medium energy, is spectacular with cats and children, loveable, non-aggressive, adult and house-trained.... let me know. I'll take them off your (or your local shelter's) hands. In the mean time, I'll try to stop browsing online and looking at dogs like Bud and Bandit.
In other news I got a few things done this past weekend that I'm proud of. I finished this little sculpy octopus that is now sitting on my desk at work. I can't decide whether it's a he or a she - Definitely no name yet. Here are some pictures, though please excuse the linty-cat-hairy-ness of the black... My cats, unbeknownst to me, have decided that the photo box is an absolutely amazing place to sleep.



Also, Greg and I finally took advantage of a 55% off sale at Michael's and went to get our two prints framed. Are you ready for this? Gosh - I'm so proud of these...
Two sisters:

And Lacey:

We took these quick shots before we carried them off to be framed - Only the best too! We saved up for Museum quality glass, acid-free everything, and frames akin to what Audrey herself would have used. You've heard of Audrey Kawasaki right? If you haven't I strongly suggest you march your butt over to her site and check out her women right this instant. I love looking at them and I've found it mildly depressing that although we totally lucked out and scored these two prints, we've had them sitting in their packaging for almost a YEAR.
Hope your weekend was grand. Onward and upward. I will beat this exhaustion!
Pip pip, Cheerio!
2 comments:
hell of a keychain you've got there!
ok! ok! I was just thinking IF...
looks like a he by the name of Ambidextrous to me. "Ambi" really. Hah..
btw the pic with the hair across the bottom left made me wipe my own screen, duzh. White cat brigade.
Yippee! I won! Thanks, you made my day! My fortune cookie said I would be "getting something I desired"!
Post a Comment