I have many exciting things to share with you. I'd like to go in time order, but unfortunately that is impossible namely due to the fact that Greg has been messing with my computer and it was only up to uploading half the photos I need. I will have to settle, for now, for presenting a quandary which simultaneously makes me feel happy and nauseously guilty.
We still have that orange stray kitty. We're still keeping her separate from our cats. We got a chance to take her to the Vet on Saturday. She is a she, and she's healthy. She is 4-6 months old, and she now has $130 worth of shots and general preventative meds. She needs a distemper booster and she's at a good age to be spade... but other than that, everything's taken care of.
The vet told us that she's not at all displaying any hostility or aggression and to get her used to human contact we should catch her and hold her everyday. So yesterday I held her for 3 separate lengthy periods of time. Once you catch her, she melts into your arms.

The second time I caught her, she started purring after several minutes.

The third time I caught her, she started purring almost immediately and put her head underneath my chin.

Fortunately, this immediately confirms, to me, that she'll be a cuddler. Unfortunately, I'm falling in love with her.
There is one family who I've spoken with over the phone who is interested in a young cat. They have older children and a dog who loves cats. I think this little one would probably make a good fit. The family was supposed to come meet her on Sunday, but they cancelled and said "How about Monday?" but they never called. Now I'm worried they've backed out without telling me, and it's probably my fault because before I'd held her so much I couldn't have told them in good conscience she'd grow up to be a lovable sweetie. Now I feel that there's very little doubt and she'd probably make a great addition to their family.... but am I going to be able to give her up? Should I? Plus, if we keep her, that'll make four animals in our household and our ability to adopt a dog in the "near" future (1-4 years) will be non existent because the law is 4 animals.
Internet, I would like your opinion. In order to garner said opinion, I've created a fancy schmancy web poll. You can check more than one answer if you feel you must.
Help me Internet. I'm being kerfluzzled by kitty whiskers, I need clarity.
3 comments:
cked keep her, but not for the reasons stated. If she was timid at first, then she might only be geting used to you because ofthe way you act wih her, IE slowly and sensibly. Uprooting her to a house with kids might be too much of a change? They do tend to crowd animals, especially if they are new. Keep looking, but if she seems settled then IDK, it seems a shame to uproot her.
Unfortunately it does mean that you will have to wait longer for a dog, but maybe your other cats will like that?
Eish I couldn't vote. I think that at the end of the day you are going to do what you feel is right regardless of what any of our opinions are.
I say this because I am a total animal lover and I have always gone with my heart no matter what my brain or anyone else told me hehe I just assume most other animal lovers are the same.
I must admit, I am not as much of a cat lover as a dog lover, but I do have one cat. I can't imagine trying to keep up with the litter / hair for four.
Yeah, so I'm obviously no help at all but she sure is beautiful. My gut says keep her, if that means anything.
I would vote to keep her, but for the same reasons that Lily Grace already stated. Maybe introduce her to your other cats and see how they like her, that might make your mind up for you.
She's absolutely beautiful, by the way, such a pretty little thing!
Post a Comment