
I know this may sound like a really good imitation of a broken record, but: Why do weekends fly by? How is that fair at all? I'm offended by the sheer audacity of the clock to move faster on Saturdays and Sundays. It's so smug and haughty. I think the clock deserves a long time-out in a corner. With spiders. Poisonous spiders.
I've blown my nose more in the last 3 days than I have in the last 3 years. My nose isn't runny persay, it's just full. No vacancy. I have to blow my nose before I even consider eating something, or I'll suffocate while I'm chewing. And now, the nice lady sitting in a cubicle nearby me has been coughing nonstop since she got in this morning, and I can feel the germs staging an invasion of my own throat. I may stay home tomorrow to try to preempt that sickness by sleeping and gargling with alcohol. Like peppermint schnapps.
Friday night, Greg and I resolved to take the little Orange kitty to a nearby shelter because we honestly just did not know what else to do with her. For a whole week we've been feeding her, and cleaning a little litter box, and giving her toys and cardboard boxes to hide in. We've been quietly sitting on the floor either not looking at her or blinking alot at her and then looking away. She has not willingly come near us. She cries randomly throughout the day. However, come Saturday - the day to take the Cat to the shelter - I had a nervous breakdown and started bawling crying. While I've adopted three cats from shelters, I know the odds. Odds are that - especially a shy and somewhat (currently) unaffectionate cat - will not be adopted, and will instead be euthanized in 72 hours.
Greg held me till I stopped crying, and said that we didn't have to take her in. He said we'd renew our efforts to find her a home ourselves, and we'd give her a bath. So we did. Now, someone from Craigslist might be interested! And the little kitty actually cuddled with me after we gave her a bath and clipped her nails.


She still won't come near us now, but I did get to hold her for a while, while she was wet. And now I have hope.
My own cats have been particularly needy lately - but actually the typically neediest one has found a better use for her time. She now spends hours - every day - glued to one of the forced air vents.

Cuddling with it. Yes, my cat now prefers cuddling with a metal grate to cuddling with me.
Also, last week we picked up the Wii Fit. I successfully avoided using it all week until Saturday when Greg offerred to iron some of my fabrics if I set up my Wii Fit account. I don't want to talk about it too much, because I don't want to jinx my usage. However, I have used it two days in a row now and aside from "gaining" 6.5 pounds in less than 24 hours (what the heck?), it's pretty darn cool. Greg's also used it (though a bit less than me) and I'm enjoying the competition and the scoring. On a side note, Yoga is a lot more intense than I thought it would be... I mean, the breathing and the standing etc.... I thought I had that stuff down. Although I am a "Yoga Master", I was under the impression that standing and breathing was something I should be able to do with minimal effort. I'll work on it though.
On another note, I feel like I can pat myself on the back because I made a goal this weekend to clean up and photograph my craft room with the Christmas Decorations - And I did. Now I can officially take down the Christmas Decorations, and instead, set up Valentine's day decorations. Yay. I like decorating. And here, to finish up the post, is the photographic proof:











3 comments:
Ooh! WiiFit, You go girl!
Have I mentioned lately that your craft room is the best thing EVER? Because it totally is.
Your craft room is so beautiful i love, love it. Mine is nothing next to yours although the walls are now painted i still have to make the curtains, my walls are bare i need to hang something on them.
I will blog about your room again lol i cant help it, its simply gorgeous every crafter's dream
Post a Comment