Yay for the non-sequitor.
First of all, it is possible to make more than 3 trips to a craft store in one weekend. It is also possible for someone to describe your craftroom as containing "the entire contents of a Michael's store" and then go ahead and spend a whole-lotta-money on items that are not yet in said craftroom.
Second of all, the Obama campaign is wising up. Instead of a middle-aged woman or a Young, possibly-attractive sounding man calling me at 10:00 on a Saturday morning (both of whom I have NO qualms about being snarky with), they had Emily call me this weekend. My husband answered the phone and gave me a confused look and then said "They're asking for you", and with a shrug he handed the phone to moi. I said "Hello?" and Emily introduced herself: "Hello, My name is Emily and I am eleven years old. I'm calling because of the Barack Obama campaign...."
Are eleven year olds even allowed to volunteer in politics? I feel torn about this. In general I think it's a great idea that young Emily is active and involved. On the other hand, I feel I'm in the middle of a battle of wills with the Entity of the Obama Campaign. It's not that they're going to lose my vote, but they are fast losing my goodwill. I think involving a sweet-sounding girl-child in the solicitation of my time and/or money is playing dirty. Obama campaign, I expected more from you - I'm not interested in a deeper relationship, I just want to be friends. It's not you, it's me. Take my vote and your dignity, and go stalk someone else.
Next -- I won't go into details, but for the last 2-3 months I've had a skin thing going on somewhere and it's been painful and embarrassing. I've tried pretty much everything, and eventually resigned myself to having the pain for the rest of my life - because that's how it pretty much goes in Casa-de-la-Megan. Then on a particularly painful day last week, I desperately trolled the internet one last time for a solution (No - I hadn't been to a doctor, I was putting it off because... I am a wimp). Someone described something remarkably similar to what I had, and said that they cured it by applying some triple-antibiotic cream... to the inside of their nose.
The skin thing was not in my nose. It was very far away from my nose. But this (obviously completely trustworthy and knowledgable) Internet person SWORE it worked. So I did what any respectable Internet surfer would do, and I coated my nasal passageways with the stuff I normally reserve for paper cuts.
The next day, it stopped hurting.
The evidence of whatever it was is almost gone, and I'm only on day 5 of keeping my nose well-lubricated. My husband was intrigued so he tried it too. Before he applied the stuff, he felt like he was coming down with a cold - now? He feels totally healthy! Go figure?
In OTHER news, I am on the cusp of putting up a plethora of whipped cream jewelry to sell. It's been months in the making, and I'm proud of the products. I'm wearing one right now in fact! I'll keep you posted.
Almost Lastly -- I am a big fan of Jason Mraz. His personal combination of that amazing voice with the quick cheeky lyrics added to rockin' harmonies and the occasional horn section or gospel choir are a sort of kryptonite for my crush-resistence. So, yes, like millions of other ladies out there, I have a bit of a crush on Mr. A-Z. His confidence on stage (so far as youtube reveals) and his mad guitar skillz are a definite turn-on. My husband is amusedly resigned to this, as he knows that the only manifestation of this crush is a little background music to our making out sessions. Also, the way Jason Mraz looks weirds me out a little. Don't get me wrong - he's very cute and dorky-looking in a great way. However, he looks EXACTLY like my brother-in-law which is very, very weird. They look so similar that at my wedding, my brother-in-law was approached no fewer than 15 times by my college friends to be told over and over again that he looks "EXACTLY LIKE JASON MRAZ!!!!". He had not previously heard of Jason Mraz and consequently thinks my college friends are perhaps all off their meds. Anyway, if you are a fan of the Mraz-Music then I suggest you take a listen to his Live EBS performance in Korea - it's amazing.
Greg and I are dressing as Jim and Pam from The Office to hand out candy to Trick-Or-Treaters this friday.
Are you getting dressed up for Halloween?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Megan! :) I saw your space in Cloth Paper Scissors and was intrigued as I am a younger quilter/crafter as well, so I look at your blog... I noticed immediately that you had Audrey Kawasaki linked! She amazing! I have five of her glicees hanging in my house! Also, love Jason Mraz. Anyway... keep on crafting... I'm just checking out your art now. Cheers!
Post a Comment