Friday, September 26, 2008

"My Daughter Deserves Better"




This is a teaser for is what to come. I have been working hard on these every few nights. Next week I hope to present the (ongoing) saga of their creation. I'm still working on figuring them out.

In other news, I finally received that jewelry I told you about a while ago. It was officially 3 months from the day I asked to place the order to the day that they arrived. I did not overly nag her, but I did start checking in on them every week for the last 4 weeks. Each time she had a different excuse as to why they weren't ready. They were drying and still curing. She was moving to a different apartment. She was moving to a different apartment (A week later) and they were in boxes and she didn't know where they were. They were drying and would be dry in another day or two.

When I finally opened the plain box with scribbled pen on the cardboard for the address (I mention this because although she had 3 months to work on this stuff, there was ZERO extra effort involved)... I was both impressed and disappointed. I was impressed because it's a different material than what I expected. It's rubbery. I'll figure it out, and I'll show you the results next week. I was disappointed because she didn't do a very good job. The "strawberries" don't look like strawberries. The swirls are uneven. The coating (there's definitely a high gloss clear coat) is flaking off on the bottom.

I'll wear them because I paid for them, but boy am I bitter.

Sooooo.... Anyone following politics these days? Anyone strongly opinionated? If you're in favor of McCain then I strongly suggest you go to the corner, face the wall, stick your fingers in your ears and hum loudly.


Obama supporters - you're still here, right? I want you to go HERE and check out some of the hilarious signage at the "largest political rally in Alaska's history".



I've got opinions, and I think they're strong. But I also feel that I'm not ferocious about it. I won't tear your head off if you have or express right-wing opinions. I also don't think McCain or Palin are evil incarnate. I don't think Obama is the second coming. I don't think either will definitively doom us or save us. I just happen to agree with Obama more, so that's who I'm voting for.

I read online constantly and, as you probably know, a huge number of articles out there currently deal with political campaign coverage. The ridiculousness, the hatefulness, the anger and rudeness that people express sometimes astounds me. I just don't understand why people can be such absolutists or so Anti-Fact.

It makes me feel very naive to say so - but, Can't we all just get along?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I always say the same thing!