Michaels is already selling Christmas stuff.
I know, I know. This is a boring tirade, but I'll indulge for ONE second. Holidays cometh earlier and earlier EVERY YEAR. Pretty soon, they'll be putting out new Christmas stuff a year in advance. It's disorienting.
That, my friends, is my excuse. That, and they were on sale.

I bought a million bunches of plastic grapes to decorate a wreath for Christmas for my Craftroom. I was inspired by this.
This is not as easy as it may look. I'm a little miffed because I would be able to say I didn't use ANY glue if it weren't for the fact that I used glue. At the very end I caved because I couldn't get ONE ball back onto the wreath and then I felt like justifying it by gluing 2 more securely.

So all but THREE are wired in.
My fingers are a little torn up... I forgot how scratchy and pointy wire can be when you're working on the tiny details.

Also - the back of my wreath could be used as a weapon. It'll be like storing a disguised bat'leth above my mantle. An intruder could break in and I could grab the wreath and they'd have no idea what was going on till I sliced their face off with one whip of the wreath.
Needless to say I'll be going back for more punishment because I have plenty of little balls left over and they need homes.
3 comments:
It is beautiful!! I so want to make something like that....but I will probably just start out using a glue-gun. LOL!
OMG, you said bat'leth, lol. It might be the prettiest bat'leth ever. :)
That post was hilarious... but the wreath is faaaabulous
Post a Comment