Thursday, August 28, 2008

Call to Arms

I've guzzled four bottles of water, a mug of coffee, a giant mug of tea, and a cup of water infused with "Emergen C".

This morning I coughed twice and I could taste the flavor of sickness. It's coming like a tsunami and I'm powerless to stop it. It started this morning and I began a desperate battle while still feeling 99.99% fine. Whatever vile disease this is, it is creeping slowly through my body with the steady undetectable momentum of a flower opening in full sun. When I get home tonight I am picking up a bag of Coldeeze, some more EmergenC and some chicken soup. At this point my shoulders are achy, my throat is mildly tingly and tickly but doesn't ACTUALLY hurt. I occasionally have to cough or clear my throat.

I feel angry, yet resigned.

Greg and I traveled all summer. We went to weddings and birthdays and family vacations. We've had less weekends to ourselves than we've had with family and we've certainly had no just-us-married-couple vacations.

A few weeks ago we began to toy with the idea of taking Labor day weekend and driving somewhere, staying for 2 nights and coming home on Sunday so that we'd still have a day off on Monday. We decided to go to Easton, PA - location of our future dreams and past schooling. It's where we got married too. We're going to bring a bottle of champagne and some books. We're going to hang out in the hotel room and cuddle in the king sized bed, we're going to visit old haunts and check out potential houses for sale. Greg surprised me by getting me a hair appointment at the high end salon that I went to for my Wedding hair - So I'm going to get the best perm ever and if this one doesn't work, I'll never try it again but at least I'll know for sure.

To give you an idea of why this hair appointment ALONE is so exciting, here is a picture of how my hair typically behaves:


Here is a picture of my wedding hair:


These people are miracle workers.

I've been really excited about this trip.

Now I'm getting sick and did I mention Aunt Flo is in town?

If you have a secret weapon against illness - please share. I desperately need your help.


And as far as you go, you vile disease... you white-bellied dingbat! You rank beef-witted pigeon egg! Yeasty Strumpet! Pig Nut! Sausage Wallet! Get thee OUT of my body. NOW!

4 comments:

Tine said...

Oh no! Very bad timing! I hope you feel better soon!

Lisa said...

My mom swears by Echinecha - in liquid form. We've recently caved because we've been getting sick so often... but haven't tested it out yet. Apparently you start taking it when you feel the 'uh oh - getting sick' feeling you described.

Good luck! Your wedding hair sure looked amazing, btw!

Jenny said...

Such a happy wedding pic!
Echinecha plus goldenseal. I think its the goldenseal that really "seals" the deal.
My hubby and I are going away for the weekend too! Its too bad you will still have "family" presence:)

lalallaurrenn said...

I think you mentioned before how you always wanted curly hair, I do have a tip for you.

Sunsilk "captivating curls de-frizz leave in creme" its in a green bottle and about 3 bucks.

I have a slight wave in my hair and this stuff makes me have uncontrollably awesome curls! I have tried tons and tons of stuff that either leave it crunchy and slimey looking or frizzy or just GROSS.

I use it at night after I shower while my hair is wet, sleep in a pony tail bun thing and then use it in the morning to get the same shape/volume all over.

TRY IT! (before or after the perm!) let me know how it works!