Last week on Thursday I was interviewed by Terri Ouellette aka TerriO on the Craft Radio Network. The station was supposed to call a half hour before the interview started to establish that the phone numbers/lines worked. They decided to give me a nice long adrenaline rush and did not call until about 7 minutes beforehand. I'm the type of person that shows up half an hour early to everything, so I was pretty much jumping out of my skin -- In addition to the fact that I really had to pee about 45 minutes before the show, but I decided to wait at my desk, just in case they called a few minutes earlier than half an hour before the show. Then when the station finally did call, the guy first asked if I'd like a link on my website that could play the radio show directly. I said "Sure!", and he said "Okay, I'll send you the stuff in a few days. Just give it to your web guys, it'll be pretty easy to set up." Web guys? I have no web guys. I have me and my mad skillz with the htmlz. I don't got no web guys people, I don't need no web guys people. And as I begin to compare myself, in my head, to Ellen DeGeneres running around asking "Who are my people? I need my people. Where are my people?", the guy says "Do you have speaker phone? I'm going to put you on hold and you can just put this on speaker phone and you can wait for the show to start. When you hear it start up, just pick up the phone. Okay? Good luck!" And before I can say "I don't have web guys", some deep voiced man is trying to convince me to tune in for a radio show to save me from dropping hundreds of dollars per date on women who don't call a second time. There was no way I was going to put myself on speaker phone and risk hanging up, so, trembling, I held the phone to my head listening intently with my heart jumping into my throat every time I heard the opening chords of the next ad. With my fingers cramping, the ear piece mildly sweaty and my bladder screaming for release, the show finally started. I am mildly loathe to share this, but... you can go here and listen to her interview me. I'd say it was fairly successful in that I don't sound like a total idiot. Although I do wish that I had cut out the quiet giggling because over the air it sounds more like I'm panting randomly.
Another good news bit is that I made a sale on Etsy! The first day my store was open a lovely young lady named Lauren decided what she wanted more than anything in the world was beans beans and nothing but beans parsley peppers cabbages and cellery
... sorry. Got carried away. You have no idea the effort it took to stop typing just there.
She decided she wanted a cactus pincushion! And SINCE she was my first customer, I threw in a few extra special extras to celebrate the occasion. She posted photos of the opening process on her blog. Here are some of them:
Yay!
I'm just so glad they all got there quickly and safely, and I'm SO glad she liked it all.
And as positive as that all seems, yesterday I started to suffer from ennui but perked up when I finally got home from work at around 6:30. I got to cuddle with my husband and we made spinach nuggets for dinner and then we settled down for a long night of crafting and Crocodile Dundee. Greg doesn't have a great memory so watching movies is always fun because he never quite remembers what happens and I love showing him movies he's never seen. I've seen Crocodile Dundee like... 20 million times... and Greg's seen it once in his childhood so it was like a brand new experience for him. Things started to go downhill when the leading lady was filling up a canteen in some calm water. I knew what was going to happen - Greg could have even guessed that something scary was going to jump in like, oh I don't know, a Crocodile? However - my cats had no idea something intense was going to happen and Eevee decided to jump into my lap about .4 seconds before a Crocodile came tearing out of the water. I missed watching what happened next because I was too distracted by Eevee shooting 3 feet directly upward, suspended midair for a moment, and then coming down desperately looking for something to anchor herself to and deciding my arm was a good candidate.
By the time I dislodged her she had even torn a hole in my comfy yoga pants/leggings. My arm, post ministrations by my husband, now looks like I may have attempted suicide or I may have allowed a three year old to go nuts with the bandaids but JUST on my left arm. In order to avoid suspicion I wore long sleeves to work today.
When I got in this morning the day crawled by ... centimetered by... like it never has before. NEVER before has time moved THIS slowly. Everytime I looked at the clock 9 hours had past yet the clock CLAIMED it was only 5 minutes later. I had some words with the clock, and we are no longer on speaking terms.
After lunch I started to get a bad headache. It suspiciously felt like a lack-of-caffiene headache although I had guzzled my coffee before 9, so I shouldn't be suffering withdrawal symptoms - but I was. I called Greg and asked if he was sure he had made this morning's coffee with Caffienated and not Decaf.... But it turns out he wasn't sure. So I made my way to the questionable office coffee machine and loaded up. I waited 9 hours and then took a sip, scalding my upper lip and burning my tongue JUST BEFORE my computer guy showed up to ask about the delightful blue screen that showed it's ugly face 4 times yesterday. So I lisped my way through a description of what I'd been doing and then he kicked me out of my cubicle while he tried to fix it.
I decided to put some supplies away and in the process got a paper cut.
At which point I could not stop my lispy giggling for a good 10 minutes. People were staring.
It's just been that kind of a day.
*Addendum
In the interest of being totally honest, I've been wearing my underwear inside-out all day. *
4 comments:
oh dear! hehe i would pay to see your arm. i am off to listen to you embarrass yourself with "quiet" giggles
on the other hand, at least your day isn't boring at all!! recently mine days have consisted of digging around my company's intranet for information (the biggest one in existence by far! its a massive icky swamp!).
congrats on your first sale! they are super cute! i have to wait for awhile until i can get back into sewing, but when i do i'm coming to you for an adorable pincushion :D
"That ain't a knife, THIS is a KNIFE!" Where is Paul Hogan now?
The radio interview was great. You sounded more professional than Terri O did. I'd like to have a count on how many times she said "um" or "you know"!
ha ha! oh my goodness, i've SO had days like that. at least you can laugh about it-- that's important!!
Post a Comment