So, today I posted my very first missed connection on Craigslist.
Strawberry Blonde Vixen - w4w - 24 (On the Open Road)
Reply to: pers-763540942@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-07-21, 10:21AM EDT
Oh baby! It's been three days and I still can't get you off my mind. I was on a long drive headed towards a family wedding and I was tired and bored. My husband saw you first and pointed you out to me. As we crept up behind you on the highway I made my husband slow down so that I could devour you with my eyes as we passed. So curvy. So creamy. I could ride you all day and all night.
I was too blinded by your beauty to remember anything extremely useful about identifying you, other than your strawberries and cream paint job and the coquettish way your chrome winked at me... but my husband saw the name "Victoria" emblazoned across your side.
Victoria, honey baby sweetie pie, please find me. I promise I'll be gentle.
It's true. I fell in love this weekend with a lady who is probably more than twice my age. Even though we had a wedding to go to and family to greet and food to be eaten, the thought of sitting down at a computer and doing a thorough internet search for Victoria was tantalizingly constant all night.
When I finally had the opportunity to look her up, I figured out that in all likelihood she is a 1956 Ford Crown Victoria.

The actual car was closer in color the second car in the photo. We passed them on the PA turnpike, and then slowed down in hopes that they would pass us so we could pass them again, but they never sped up enough to even get close enough to pass us and then they exited when they were about 50 feet behind us. I almost cried. My ipod was playing "King of Wishful Thinking" at the time of their exit, quickly followed by "It Must have been Love". Coincidence? I don't think so.
The problem is that I'm not convinced it was a 1956 or 1955 Ford Crown Victoria. Greg says the Victoria was on a diagonal in cursive, and I haven't seen that yet in photos of these models. Also, the pictures of those models don't hit quite the same kind of sweet spot with me. It's been a few days so the memory is hazy enough that I'm starting to doubt myself, but I know that what I saw made me want to get friendlier with an automobile than I've ever considered being.
Is anybody out there a classic car expert? Here's what I know: It was pink and white with chrome accents, it had VICTORIA in a cursive diagonal, and it made me say "Rawr" outloud.
Any takers?
The problem is that I'm not convinced it was a 1956 or 1955 Ford Crown Victoria. Greg says the Victoria was on a diagonal in cursive, and I haven't seen that yet in photos of these models. Also, the pictures of those models don't hit quite the same kind of sweet spot with me. It's been a few days so the memory is hazy enough that I'm starting to doubt myself, but I know that what I saw made me want to get friendlier with an automobile than I've ever considered being.
Is anybody out there a classic car expert? Here's what I know: It was pink and white with chrome accents, it had VICTORIA in a cursive diagonal, and it made me say "Rawr" outloud.
Any takers?
No comments:
Post a Comment