
So this week has been a little stressful. I hope all of you have been sucking up all the "relax" vouchers in life, because none have been passed my way lately.
Let me be as brief as possible. The nursery is furniture-ready. The kitchen has insulation and recessed lighting. The plumber is supposed to be scheduled soon, the drywall guy will be scheduled soon after that.
We took a weekend trip to NJ for a family reunion which also turned out to be a surprise baby shower. I had strong suspicions. While people were extremely generous and it was fun, only one of my friends from the area was able to attend.
On Monday we drove the 7 hours home, picked up Dexter from the kennel, ran some last minute errands, and greeted Greg's mom and grandma who came in to town to be with him till today.
Greg went in for his knee surgery at 10:00 a.m. yesterday, he came out by 12 or 1, he woke up by 2/2:30. It was a longer surgery than expected because the tear was worse than expected.
However, they were able to suture it. He has an 80% chance of healing completely. He'll be in the completely straight leg brace for at least 4 weeks, on crutches. He is on several medications and has a low-grade fever which is normal.
Today he has two un-related doctor's appointments, one of which is to check for cancerous nodules on his thyroid.
My parent's dog - the one they got because I told them a dog would help me through adolescence - had a stroke or slipped a disc at the end of last week. She was in a lot of pain and couldn't move or sit or lay down. Her breathing was labored and she wouldn't eat or drink. She's 13 years old (a border terrier), and mom took her to the ER. She took a turn for the better after a few days of steroids and most of the numbness seems to have passed, though she's still dragging her left rear leg. There was a point last week when it was probable that despite my planned trip to NJ, she might be put to sleep 12-24 hours before I'd get there. I got to hold her at the vet's office for a little bit on Saturday - but this is absolutely heart breaking.
My grandfather is still not eating.
My car came within inches of running out of gas yesterday.
My uterus is particularly sore as it seems the baby has gone through some kind of growth spurt and so I'm hobbling/limping through my day.
So many things make me cry - it must be the hormones from the pregnancy, though it's tough to tell with so many things going on right now.
Greg's mom and Grandma are headed home today, and he will be left in my care. I know I am capable and strong. I can take care of him completely and I am ready and willing to do so.
But there's a small, sad part of me that thought he would be taking care of me as we reached the home stretch of this pregnancy - not the other way around. And I feel very guilty for feeling that way at all.
4 comments:
Okay, can we just start off by saying you look totally HOT pregnant!
It's probably a mixture of both that are making you emotional. Soon everything will settle down.
I think I would feel the same way about taking care of Greg (well, my husband) at the end of the pregnancy. I have this image of my husband catering to my every need because he regularly talks about how excited he is to take care of me while I'm taking care of the baby while pregnant (I know, who says that? I say things like "I'm already excited for when our kids move out"). But remember, when you have more kids, he'll be having to take care of you AND the kids. It'll be give and take with the kiddos and pregnancies.
One day at a time.
You DO look great!
I agree, you really carry pregnancy well. Very very cute picture. :)
I hope you find a way to keep from being overwhelmed during this stressful time. Remember to breathe!
Post a Comment