Thursday, December 18, 2008

Seriously, Ow.

So, other than having a particularly large painful swollen (but not red - what the heck?) pimple IN my right eyebrow that is actually making my eyelid swollen.... Life is pretty good today.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the whole Christmas gift thing. Since when did the time before Christmas zoom by so quickly? Getting to Christmas day has ALWAYS (up until THIS year) crawled by! Why, this year, does it feel like somebody stole a week from me?

If you guessed that I'm crafting a significant portion of the gifts we're giving - you'd be right on the money. I thought I was ahead of the curve time-wise, but now I've come to the realization that it was all an illusion and I still have a whole LOT to get done for gifts (which come first) and there are Christmas-y things I haven't done for my own home/celebration that I've meant to do. I have to make a Christmas stocking for our third cat (I have a white one for our white cat, and a black one for our black cat...), I wanted to sew up a "Merry Christmas" banner for my craft room. I have three oranges just waiting to be mauled by 800 cloves and hung from garlands in the living room. This is not to mention that the Dining room still needs curtains and my Etsy store needs to be updated. I'm a veritable idiot, you know. I have 8 million little Christmas ornaments that would be great to post to sell on Etsy, and have I gotten around to photographing and listing them? No. What's my current excuse? We ordered a new camera! I'm going to photograph them with the NEW camera! Do I still feel guilty in the mean time because I know my excuse is bullshit? Yes.
ugh.

I thought I'd share some new blogs/people I've found. These women make me feel completely inferior with all their superior togetherness, their color coordinatedness, their boundless energy, their holiday/party decor, and their photographic genius.

These are women who have (or had) kids, and still manage to craft, cook, and encourage creativity in their adorable spawn and themselves. I am, in a word, jealous. I can only hope that I'm able to do those things (Rainbow cookies? Body painting? Nature walks? home made halloween costumes?) when I'm a mom. Enjoy:

I may have mentioned Jenny from Allsorts before, but check out her "Christmas Frivolity". Awesome. I read a post of hers once about bringing home vintage lace, etc. and then spending time washing, starching, ironing, etc. I only recently discovered the necessary evil of washing brand new fabrics (I need to work my way through my ENTIRE fabric stash now.... and by I, I mean Greg because I'm lazy and he's handy with an iron) and I'm awed by someone who takes it upon herself to do this... perhaps because it took me a while to figure out my mom wasn't just joshing me when she told me you have to wash the fabric before you sew with it and I tend to admire those who are smarter than me.



Today, I found Little Momma & Co. which is a delightful little blog written by the mother of two boys who seems to have boundless energy and ideas - There are posts chronicling nature walks, tons of cooking and ornament decorating. Check it out, you'll probably be inspired.


Then there's Danielle Thompson with her Blog, Thompson Family-Life. Her photos are so fantastic they regularly make my head explode.

She's got a million and one brilliant ideas for decorating your home and for parties and she's not shy about sharing. It's worth a visit for the eye candy alone. :)

No comments: