Today it is dark and raining and cold-ish and I'm loving every minute. I love rainstorms. I prefer thunderstorms to just plain rain, and pouring buckets to a light drizzle, but in my book that's like saying I prefer extra cheese to just plain cheese - it's still pizza and it's still delicious.
I'm in a good mood today, can you tell?
We're over the hump of the week! There are things to look forward to! For example: My husband and I have officially decided to STAY HOME for Thanksgiving. Usually for every holiday we're running all over creation trying to meet up with each branch of our respective families. This time, we are staying HOME. This is very unusual and both of us are delighted by the notion of NOT driving for 15+ hours on a long weekend. We're going to do Thanksgiving Dinner with friends and then we intended to experience, for the first time, the joy of Black Friday. I was excited about this - afterall it's a shopping experience I've never had. However, upon reflection, we've come to realize that we don't really intend to purchase anything of weight that would be aided by Black Friday sales and rather than get up before the cows only to get frostbite while waiting for Best Buy to open... we will be staying in bed. This isn't set in stone, we will review the coupons and explore our options... but as of right now, we intend to spend Black Friday decorating for Christmas. I'm excited. Aren't you excited? Christmas is around the bend. I'm already working on Christmas Presents - I've got a few awesome ideas, but I can't bandy them about here, someone might see!
Regardless, the day after Thanksgiving we'll be putting up our garlands and wreaths and making everything sparkle a little more than it already does.
In OTHER cool news, I'm finishing up a product I've been working on to sell to a very pretty lady out in England! And another young woman has been in contact with me about getting my permission (in order to soothe her very cute conscience) to copy my craftroom! She wants one just like it! The cool part? She lives in the Middle East. This connecting globally thing is pretty freakin' sweet. My only gripe is that as the world grows smaller communication-wise, shipping and customs are still pains in the butt.
Rainbows! I've been collecting these photos for a while now so that I could share them with you! Aren't they pretty? I'm so jealous of that girl's hair... I would totally do that...

1. Another bottle of stars, 2. DSCF5909, 3. Rainbow Brite Cupcake - inside, 4. River Boat - Ghent, Belgium (Aug 08), 5. Cassette Rainbow, 6. bookshelf, 7. Rainbow House On Clipper St., 8. Super-Geek!, 9. 7749
I love Tamora Pierce.
For a while now I've been collecting links that I could post for your pleasure - Oddities that delight. Check these out:

I'd consider working to grow a chair like this, but the coolness is just so overwhelming... I'm stymied.

And this beautiful aquarium makes me want to have fish, and what with all the fish misery I used to have in college, that's definitely saying something.
And for now, I'll leave you with this image of our President-Elect and a hearty YIPPEE!Life is good.
2 comments:
Oooh - love that hair.... and that rainbow house! And the tree chair. So much awesomeness!
Oh thanks for mentioning me very sweet of you to do so. Although we are miles apart the internet makes it feel like we are right next to each other! until we come to shipping stuff LOL
Update on the craft room i am trying to decide on a blue for the room, very hard i tell ya. I am checking out ur pics on flickr to see if i can tell what blue it is.
I have decided on the furniture thanks to IKEA in Dubai so i hope to drive over there during the weekend to buy me some furniture i am so excited!!! Will keep u posted on the development!
A warm hug from the Middle East
Regards
Mayya xxx
Post a Comment