Thursday, July 31, 2008

I've seen that tree before...

There is a blog I like to read by a woman named Erin at this URL: http://outofcharacter.blogspot.com/

Somewhere in there she wrote an entry waxing rhapsodic on the glories of a bladder infection. She likens it to an exchange between thyself and the devil.

Have you ever had a bladder infection? I have. And I think it’s safe to assume that I’m either having particularly vivid de ja vu, or the devil is back… especially considering the fact that I’ve peed 34 times since 7:15 this morning.

Devil: Pssst… *shoves firey pitchfork up my urinary tract* you need to pee, don’t you?…. Think about it. You feel the need to pee. You haven’t peed for about 7 minutes and you took a sip of water before… are those waterfalls I hear? I kid you not! Waterfalls! …. pssst… are you listening to me? I’m only here to help you. Seriously. Go pee. I won’t watch. I promise.

I’m going to the doctor this afternoon, and I’m going to cry until she strokes my hair and gives me the miracle drugs.

And then we’ll have a "No, YOU’RE prettier!!" fight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i get bladder infections often. acidopholus is supposed to he lp!

Anonymous said...

aww, I'm sorry. I know, it sucks. I hope it clears up quickly and that the pesky devil guy goes away for good!
xox,
Linnea

http://linneapaulina.typepad.com

Sarah said...

OMG, been there. Try having one during a 3 hour car ride with no convenient stops, I thought I would die.

I found your blog through craftster - Lovin' your craft room … I want to come and steal it actually.

I've enjoyed what I've seen so far and awarded you with an Arte Y Pico for inspiration.

http://craftnclutter.blogspot.com/2008/08/shock-awe.html

I must go back and swoon over your studio space some more.